The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Friday, June 10, 2005

how bored becomes busy

Well, I learned a very important lessonabout blogging last night: When you are using wireless internet, never write your journal in AOL. Why????? Because as soon as you lose your connection, you're booted from AOL and all your internet boxes go with it...losing everything you had just typed. And, in my case lsat night, A LOT. Anyways, the gist of the post is that I'm finding myself bored at home a bit more than usual lately, which is taking time to adjust to seeing as I've been out and about doing things for the past year. While it feels like a bad thing at times, if I think about it rationally I can see that this is an opportunity to do and take care of all the things I only have 10 weeks left to do. WHICH, seems like plenty of time, but when I actually think about all the things that need to get done before then, 10 weeks starts to feel shorter and shorter. So what's left? For starters, I wrote the Honduras Embassy yesterday to get information of VISA requirements and long-term visiting laws so that there are no surprises after I get there, I need to buy miles from NORTHWEST, I need to book a plane ticket, I need to contact the Language School and make reservations, I have to get into the clinic for all necessary immunizations and prescriptions, I still need to get ahold of Hernan from the CCD (been almost two weeks since I wrote him, still no response), I need to check on the financial situation (getting travelers checks, what to do with my accounts, how will i access them...), I need to start packing up my apartment to move out in August, I need to start packing for the trip (this will be "fun", I recently realized I have to fit everything I want/need into THREE suitcases!), I want to spend time with family, I have to keep going to work, have 7 weeks of spanish classes, need to step up my spanish practice/learning....should I keep going???? If I wasn't at work I would post a picture or two that might help explain why exactly it is that I'm doing all this...since I've ranted long enough, I'll wait to explain some of it to you...if I can find the paper I wrote for my "Psych & Spirituality" course, I'll post that as well. Well, L&G, I better get to work.
~*~ ME ~*~
"A veces, el remedio puede ser peor que la enfermedad"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home