The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

manuel antonio...not what it used to be

What a disappointment! After the way people talked about this place, and my memories from 10 years ago I expected Manuel Antonio to be paradise...we are getting out of here tomorrow morning. Quepos is a real dump of a town and I have never seen so much barbed wire in my life, even around the elementary schools...what's that telling you? Doesn't make me feel warm and cozy....We are going to try going out tonight, we're going to hang out at El Avion in Oliver North's plane for some drinks and the sunset...if we can see it, it's soooooooooooooo rainy here! It took EIGHT hours to get here yesterday from Arenal... EIGHT HOURS! That was our big adventure yesterday. The family that ran our hotel drove us to the first stop an hour and a half out of town! They are amazing!!! Took my first night bus in central america as it gets dark at 5:30 and we arrived at 8 pm and found a taxi to our hotel...also a disappointment. Under ANY other circumstances it would be beautfiul, it is, BUT I was expecting to wake up to the sound of monkeys and lizards, like I did 10 years ago....but I fell asleep to loud music from the bar, sounds of dishes clashing in the kitchen and non stop traffic. Woke up to the traffic. Since we've been here, we've seen ONE lizard. That's it. Maybe we'll have luck tomorrow. If not, I'm going to try and find the zoo in San Jose and take some pictures of animals for Eva!

Ohhhhh...today...so far we've walked about 4-5 miles, most of it up or down inclines that surpasses any incline a treadmill could ever do! Combined with eating sporadically, but heartily, I think we are a little slimmer than when we arrived. OOOOkkkkkk, sorry I don't have any more adventorous stuff to share. Maybe something will happen. I have feeling the rest of the trip might be more relaxing that exciting...

See you soon,
ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home