The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Friday, June 10, 2005

A plea for help

Gandhi once said that “You must be the change you wish to see in the World.” Thus far, in my lifetime, there have been many changes I’d like to take place, but none quite so near and dear to my heart as seeing the men, women and children of Honduras have a better shot at healthier, better educated, more gender equivalent, and safer lives. These changes are ones that I as a fellow human being, fortunate enough to have been born into a life where things such as these are often taken for granted, have the ability to help with. I am currently being given the opportunity to: build schools, build homes, work on clean/safe water projects, educate people and families, assist foreign groups as a translator, and work in health clinics. This is an opportunity for me to put my four years of studies in Psychology, Cultural Anthropology and Theology to the ultimate test, and to add to them one years worth of real world experience in the Human Condition; something no book will ever adequately convey. My past two trips to Honduras have been the greatest experiences of my life and I can only hope that my return will offer more unique and exiting moments that challenge me and allow me to grow, while helping the people and communities I encounter make their own dreams come true!
With Love :-)
~*~ Alissa ~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home