The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The last days

Don´t have much time at the moment to write, but, wanted to do a quick update. Thursday night we went to Bylbos for dance lessons. I´m already a decent salsa dancer so I was really looking forward to learning a few new things. We had a great time and the guys that work there are awesome! It´s been a long time since I´ve been to a bar in a tourist area, but, I´ve gotten really good at picking out the guys that pray on lonely gringas! The guy that came after me didn´t fair to well and moved on to some younger girl who looked very happy to be dancing with him. Friday morning we woke up really late and went to the national park. Bought some incredible dresses from some stands by the entrance. One for me and one for my daughter. I know many people are going to be upset when I say this, but, in general I was very very disappointed with Quepos and Manuel Antonio. I´ve done a lot of travelling in central and south america, most in Honduras where I lived briefly and I had extremely high expectations of Costa Rica...maybe that was my problem, the expectations. I did not find people to be as friendly or as helpful as people always talk about (with expections like Melania and her husband Gilberto and other people in La Fortuna) and so many people are quick to rip you off. I don´t let the money thing become an issue when it´s only a dollar here or there (like the dress lady on the beach that refused to give me my change...or all the taxis that refuse to put on the meter) as I know it is needed more by the other person than by myself. This is just not something that has ever happened to me any where else. Manuel Antonio now, comapred to 10 years ago, is completely overdeveloped, it no longer has that charm it used to ( IN MY OPINION). We wanted to leave for Alajuela ahead of schedule but the bus for San Jose didn´t leave till 5pm. Sooooo we opted to take a bus to Jaco and stay the night there. That´s an interesting little place... Found a nice little place to stay, called LA COMETA, which ended up being next to a bar with live music. I was soooo happy to have my earplugs! We wandered around awhile and headed back to the room, we were exhausted. We are now at LOS VOLCANES in alajuela and it is such a cute little place. And a great bargain too!!"! I like this place, it´s busy and lively without being San Jose and havé only seen two other tourists! THIS IS HOW I LIKE IT :-) I could have stayed here much longer. OH well. We are going to try checking out the mall to kill a few hours and maybe take in a movie. I´ve always wanted to see a movie when I was travelling but never had time. I think it will be a cool experience.
Sorry my thoughts probably aren´t coming out very well. Mentally and physically I am exhausted. I will try to form better thoughts when Im back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home