The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's IN

Everyone, please take a moment a do whatever you do when you're thinking positive thoughts for someone (pray, meditate, cross fingers, consult cards.....) Today I sent in my application for WorldTeach and by monday morning, someone should begin the review process. I really really want this position, and i am terrified of being rejected! I hate waiting, and I know this could take a month or so for a response...the thought kills me already...i can only hope that I get my interview sheduled, completed and scored soon and that my references arrive in a timely manner so that a decision can be made. The deadline is in October so I'm three months early, but who knows how many people have applied already... Oh well, ENOUGH worrying. On to some inspiration from the beautiful and wise Maya Angelou
*** "I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life'."
*** "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back"
*** "I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one."
*** "I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."
*** "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
*** "I've learned that I still have a lot to learn!"

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blogs. Some minor suggestions, though. the yellow and pink prints are hard to read as are the small print.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home