The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A long day

Well, I'm finally home after another 9.5 hour day at work, which is my average. My best week was 51 hours in 6 days. Some people are telling me to slow down but the truth is that I love my job. There are some times when people really stress me out but I enjoy it overall, which is why I end up there for so long. I don't even take lunch breaks really. Since I haven't mentioned it yet, I am working as a property manager of a 136-unit complex in Ann Arbor. I love it ecause it is a perfect mix of so many things: 1) I get to sit at a desk AND I get to spend a lot of time outside 2) I get to see and talk to a lot of the same really cool people AND i get to meet new ones daily 3) I have a LOT of responsibility...never ever a dull moment 4) I get to play detective, police officer, social worker and friend all in the same day 5) I get to plan events/parties and make rules 6) I get to speak and use spanish EVERY SINGLE DAY! 7) I'm the boss!
Of course there is a lot more to all of this but the bottom line is that I got very lucky with this job. And for all of those who don't know, how I came to get this job was just amazing. I had only been back in the states a week (not even, maybe 6 days) and had been looking for jobs when on friday I had this idea to see if the apartment complex where i used to live was hiring (why, i have nooooooooooo idea) and there was no listing so I called, and they said they weren't but that I could submit a resume just in case. Well, this is something that i have NEVER done, but a few hours later i said "What the Hell" and sent a resume. Within a matter of hours I received a call saying that a position had just come up and they were thinking about placing an add for it, and I was their dream candidate because I speak spanish. We arranged an interview for Monday and by Tuesday I was working full time! So, after 4 or 5 weeks of commuting from TROY (nearly 3 hours a day with traffic and construction) I moved in to a 2 bedroom apartment here (which was nice because I had the distinct advantage of handpicking my neighbors!!!!) and now every morning I wake up and take a relaxing 2 minutes or so to walk to my office, and if I'm hungry, forget something or need to visit my cat i just run home real quick....i love it :)

Ok, there's more but I'll have to write later because my kitten "marbles" likes to chase my hands and walk all over the keyboard!
aLISSA
PS: I think i'm starting to feel the baby moving! He/she is about 5 inches now ( a large onion!) I am so in LOVE :) Only 5 months to go till I finally meet my first child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home