The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

COSTA RICA BOUND!!!!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's official...I have been accepted to WorldTeach and I am moving to Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I will receive an information packet in the next few days so I will update after I have learned more myself. As for now, the best info I have is that I am leaving the first week of January 2006 and will be gone a year (more like 16 months since I'll be in Honduras from 9/3-11/29) .

Updates soon. I am one of the happiest girls in the World right now! Oh, and new tid bit for you (if you didn't already know). "Costa Rica" received its name by the "wonderful" (sarcasm) Christopher Columbus after arrriving to the beautiful Coast and seeing the abundance of riches (literally Rich/Weatlhy Coast) it had to offer (which he of course took with him after nearly decimating the indigenous population..of which there is apprx 1% remaining to this day) Of course, RICA also doubles as "sumptuous, adorable, and lovely."

~*~ ME ~*~

1 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds very exciting & rewarding. You'll probably miss all that Michigan snow. When will you find out what town you'll live in. You might consider putting in a link to WorldTeach, in case anyone would like to get further information on the program. Will you be doing any fund raising to help pay for your volunteer work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home