The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I'm here

Well, everyone, I am here! Just finished my first week in Copan, Honduras and i love it here! I am living with a wonderful family that really takes care of me and in a great location. My mom left safely yesterday and is hopefully on a plane back to germany. I only have about 10 minutes left on the computer so I cna't write too much, but hopeully most of you are getting my mass emails. I did good in my first week of classes, been having some very deep conversations about culture and people. I don't feel like my spanish is picking up, but i rarely do until one day i say something or understand something and am like *WOW, i've come so far!* People seem to understand me, and i am learning new words and practicing my grammar so thats good. I hope to make some trips soon, i want to get back to the community i was in in february and up to guatemala in about 2.5 weeks when its time to renew my visa. Well, i better get some other things done, i have to get to lunch and then down to Casa de todo (www.casadetodo.com( because i'm volunteering at their kids day event.
with love
alissa

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll get a lot out of your experience. Enjoy and Be Safe!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home