The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Monday, January 19, 2009

The wait is the hardest part...

The wait to hear whether or not I’m going back to U of M is killing me. I submitted my application in AUGUST thinking, for some CRAZY reason, that I would hear something back by end of August or early September… HAH! They showed me… it’s the 19th of JANUARY (FIVE months later!) and I received an e-mail saying that I should hear something in the next several weeks…. So, not only is the wait getting me down, but that e-mail also said that they’ve received a very large volume of applications….. uh oh….. there’s only 55 spots available…. L …. Makes my chances of getting in even lower…. I’m really worried now. I’m trying to think positive though. I know I will make a great nurse. I hope they can see that in my application as well. If it’s not U of M, it will be somewhere else. I just haven’t planned for a “plan B” so, if I have to come up with one, I will. Here’s to not needing one though!!!!

Well, I’m getting ants in my travelling pants again. I keep flashing back to Antigua, Guatemala and other previous travels (like Europe in the winter) and I’m starting to want to go somewhere again. Sometimes I get really excited and say “That’s it! We’re getting out of here!” and then I remember that Eva doesn’t have a passport… It’s from pure laziness that I haven’t gotten her one yet…in many ways, it’s my safeguard from doing something crazy like, oh, I don’t know, spending hundreds to thousands of dollars to leave the country with a two year old….

I better get going. Just wanted to make an effort to post something. If I can get in to the habit of writing than maybe months and months won’t go by in between posts! Take care :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home