The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

mass email UNO

Well first and formost, let me get two things out of the way. 1* I have absolutely NO idea how to make a question mark on these computers soooooooooo please accept .... as a question mark! 2* some of you i told to switch to my Yahoo account, but i'm going to ask you to DISREGARD that statement until the next time i get pissed with the speed *or lack thereof* of AOL
* so, i'm finising up my first week here in copan and i really really love it here. its such a great little town. My first day however i had some doubts as my first real memory comes from sitting on the toilet screaming for my mom as a huge cockroach climbed down the shower curtain next to my face, however i am still alive and starting to loosen up, i even slept on the house sheets last night, and not my own. well, not completely by choice, but because mine disappeared after the room was cleaned BUT i survived so i should be ok! Went out with my girlfriend courtney last night and two guys from my school. we all walked down to the entertainment district *pool, pool table, bar, karaoke, danceclub, social hangout* and played some pool, watched some karaoke and yes, jumped in the pool at 11 o clock at night *of course, only because we had guys with us, if not it wouldnt have been an option for two lone gringas* I don't have too much time to write I will be volunteering all afternoon at a KIDS DAY EVENT, which should be interested because there's going to be over 100 non english speaking kids that are very adamant about playing games and gettin free candy and toys. If i can survive this, i'll be good to go for the rest of the trip! It's also a great opportunity because its run by a bunch of the europeans that have settled down here and run a few businesses and a wonderful way to meet them and make friends. I've also talked to the owner of the place www.casadetodo.com about helping with the HUGE conference that will be here in november which would be an amazing palce to network as it will be worldwide non-profit people, volunteers, doctors, anthropologists and the like.

i better get going, got lots to do
miss you all
alissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home