The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Things are going good

Hmmm, i knew i shoulda gone to the other computer place...it was a lot faster! Not that its a HUGE difference for most things, but AOL can be slower than a snail here sometimes! Well, went back to the river last night, stopping at some peoples houses to avoid the rain along the way. I LOVE listening to the river and watching the kids play. After returning I intended to dore more reading but right after crawling into bed a 6 year jumped in with me soon after! From there i ended up outside with her, her mom and grandmother and read her a story (La Bella Durmiente-Sleeping Beauty). When out for a little bit after and upon returning had to walk carefully around the old guy passed out infront of my door! So...i was thinking about it last night, and Ive gone 2 days without speaking any english, exciting right?! Well, i mean ive said a few words here and there, like when I get frustrated because I don{t know the word in spanish and hoping that the other person can help, and i did exchange greetings with Diego (half of the Belgiun couple that owns a real popular bar-restaruant here in town). But that's improvement right? Hmmmmm...gettin a bit pissed that I can{t read my AOL mail, especially since I{m paying (ok, granted, it{s roughly 1$ an hour BUT remember, i'm trying to make my money stretch REALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY far!) Ugh. I REALLY need to take a shower, but when i woke up this morning, the city was without power again, and of course cuando no hay electricidad, no hay agua! (i' sure you got that, but if you didn{t it was if there' no electricity, there' no water!). Oh, in case anyone is interested in the weather....things are good here. A bit hot on some days, and it rains nearly every day (sometimes in afternoons, sometimes at night) but I really can't complain. Yesterday was super hot during the day so the one time i ventured out around noon i turned around and went back home, but it was much cooler a few hours later with some light sprinkling and a heavier rain in the evening, but by 930pm it was pure bliss! The sky was an amazing midnight blue and the moon was SOOOO bright, and the weather was crisp and a little cool, if i hadn't been so tired (no nap yesterday) I would have stayed out much later enjoying it.
Well, not sure what else to say right now, and I really REALLY apologize for being so scattered in these entries. But if you have any questions, post them here or email me!
ALISSA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home