The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bear With Me

So, today´s the first day I can remember in some time that I´ve let myself slide into a sort of funk, depressive state, if you will. While I had ever intention of writing about all the great people and things I encountered in Antigua (which I will later) I am doing what I feel is one of the most important things a person should do when they feel lonely and are starting to turn inward...I am going to the one´s that love me and asking for help. I need and want what all people need from time to time...a good ear and a trong shoulder. Of course, I know I should be happy. Things are goihg wonderfully and I am on a great adventure. Despite the ups I still ocassionly feel inadequate, confused and completely terrified. My head is spinning from all life´s possibilities and I have taken the day to contemplate, read and listen to music. While some of this was nothing more than a push closer to the darkness of depression, it has, ironically, helped me to feel a bit better in the end. It gave me the desire to reevaluate a few things and read a couple of books that have been sitting on my shelves collecting dust. One was, ¨A short guide to a happy life¨ by Anna Quindlen (Thanks Aunt Linda!!!) and the other was ¨10 things I wish I had known...¨By Maria Shriver (Thanks Mom!!!). I found some reminder of what is important, as well as inspiration and advice for the future. From here I moved on to my growing book of quotations, taken from various sources, that constitite nmany of the ideas that I find essential to life. They have, at times, been my light in the darkness, and are always an inspiration and reminder to DO something and BE something positive. Pair them with some good music, a slight attitude adjustment and the power of soul-baring writing, and you have the necessary instruction to being on the road to recovery. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING. I love you all.
Alissa
== A FEW QUOTES ==
1) In the silence of our hearts, we know that we are proving ourselves worthy of the miracle of life. When we realize each day, each hour, is part of the good fight We start to live with enthusiasm and pleasure. ¨The Alchemist...By Paulo Coelho¨
2) It´s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. ¨The Alchemist¨
3)When you really want to do something, it´s because that desire originated in the sould of the universe. ¨The Alchemist¨
4) Life isn´t about HOW MANY breaths you take, it´s about the moments that TAKE your breath AWAY. ¨Hitch¨
5) It´s about finding one´s place in the World - one that´s worth fighting for. ¨Walter Salles¨
6) Courage is walking through your fear with faith. ¨Unknown¨

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home