The Post-Grad Adventure

Hopefully an easier way to keep people updated on my post-graduate adventures!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Antigua

I know I always say this, but I have fallen in love, again. I´m not sure I want to leave Antigua, this place is amazing. Although, honestly I am wavering or not I could stay here long term. However, i really do plan on coming back for at least a week or two. First off, the van ride here (alone) was about 5-6 hours and gorgeous scenery the entire way...so mountainous! Driving through guatemala city was exciting, its full of Fast Food joints and people. I was suprised to see a Little Ceasars. I saw one hotel called ¨AutoHotel KAMA SUTRA¨ i didn´t even stop to ask what kind of hotel that was...I was nervous about finding a hotel, but my van dropped me right of at a Posada, kind of like a hostal thats costing me 8 dollars a night. It´s clean, the woman is friendly, and the best part is that it comes equipped with 5 PERFECT CATS!!!!!! My room is clean, with a large bed, a private toilet (which i haven´t used) and two peices of furniture. The shower, with warm water, is shared, but VERY clean. I´ve killed a few cockroahes, but i´m getting used to it (i did sleep with the light on however, i was nervous for various reasons..mostly because it´s my first real time alone, ever) and one of the kittens came in this afternnon to eat one of the dead ones from the corner! Spent about 5 hours walking the city today, this place is great, a mix of ancient colonial buildings, ruins, churches, and great shopping and restaurants. Walked aimlessly through a cool market and a GROCERY STORE today as well. Met 2 guys from California and Wisconsin, respectively (and am VERY disappointed to hear that Michigan is LOSING HORRIBLY this season) and may run into them and their friends-girlfriends in Copan next week.....WELL so much to write but 1 minute left.

BYE

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself & make sure all of your family remembers your blog site. Although you've felt badly, it seems you have gotten through it quite well. Growing up can sure be stressful!!! ;-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home